MUMBAI – MAHARASHTRA – INDIA AUGUST 14 , 2012 00.30 A.M.
Born in Kolkata , West Bengal in 1959 , Dasgupta started his life in Mumbai in the fashion industry as a copywriter and later on moved to fashion photography . In early 80s , he approached Mr. Mohammed Khan of Enterprise for a job as a fashion photographer . Though Mr. Khan wanted him to join his company as a copywriter only but later on acquiesced to hire him as a photographer , a decision he never lamented .
Apart from Enterprise , Dasgupta worked for The Times of India and Femina also as a freelancer .
His culled and selected photographs were published in a book form by Viking Books and is titled ” Women ” [ 1996 ] .
Posting some of his black & white photographs , which are my favourites :
Lakshmi Menon , the famous model , was his model and muse .
MUMBAI – MAHARASHTRA – INDIA
- R.I.P. Prabuddha Dasgupta (allanfernandes.wordpress.com)
- Longing… (sarkerprotick.wordpress.com)
- Photographer Prabuddha Dasgupta passes away (ibnlive.in.com)
- RIP Prabuddha Dasgupta… the beauty maverick who defined a “new” India (thebeautygypsy.com)
- Through the looking glass of Raghu Rai – Lifestyle News (sfluxe.com)
- Fallen Literary Heroes (timesflowstemmed.com)
Filed under: Obituary Tagged: | Acting Trainer, Diction Trainer, Fashion, Fashion Photographer Prabuddha Dasgupta, Fashion photography, Femina, Hindi Teacher, Kamal Nayan Chaturvedi, Kolkata, Lakshmi Menon, Maharani Gayatri Devi, Mohammed Khan of Enterprise, Mumbai, MUMBAI - MAHARASHTRA - INDIA, Obituary, Pierre Cardin, Prabuddha Dasgupta, The Times of India, Times of India, Vidur, Vidur Chaturvedi, Vidur on Twitter, Vidur's Blog, Viking Press, Women The Book By Prabuddha Dasgupta