MUMBAI – MAHARASHTRA – INDIA NOVEMBER 06 , 2012 05.30 P.M.
Today while sitting in the office of Vidur’s Kreating Charakters , my Acting Institute in Mumbai , I checked my twitter handle as usual . Mr. Kiran KS , whose twitter handle I follow , has posted 12 tweets dedicated to the V. S. Naipaul and Girish Karnad controversy . I was amazed because of the information I got .
These tweets are based on the article of Mr. Pratap Simha in today’s Kannada Prabha , a leading Kannada daily . Mr. Kiran KS has translated the information in English for the sake of non – Kannadigas and tweeted them .
12) When VS Naipaul got nobel, #Karnad termed him the “greatest living literateur of Indian origin”. Now suddenly he’s a Muslim-virodhi??
Mr. Naipaul’s book ” India : A Wounded Civilization “ is now very much in focus . Mr. Kiran KS has given enough logic in favour of the book and Sir Vidia’s viewpoint . I don’t have any more logic . And I think I don’t have anything new to say about Mr. Girish Karnad and Sir Vidia controversy . I have already posted a blog about it :
Shame On You , Mr. Girish Karnad http://wp.me/ptyXI-2rQ
I , amazingly , got many responses for my blog . Some were in support and some were harsh . Few were very balanced . It’s wonderful to get connected to so many people having such diverse views .
[ I have re – tweeted from the twitter handle of Mr. Kiran KS . These tweets are based on the article of Mr. Pratap Simha published in a leading Kanada daily Kannada Prabha . I express my gratitude to all of them . ]
MUMBAI – MAHARASHTRA – INDIA
- VS Naipaul slammed by Girish Karnad for his views on Muslims (ndtv.com)
- ‘Naipaul ,Tone Deaf’ Girish Karnad Video. He is Right (ramanan50.wordpress.com)
- I have no regrets for publicly targeting VS Naipaul: Girish Karnad (ibnlive.in.com)
- Karnad attacks Naipaul for his views on Muslims (ibnlive.in.com)
- LitFest director slams Karnad for targeting Naipaul (thehindu.com)
- After Girish Karnad, Taslima Nasreen rips into V S Naipaul (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Why Girish Karnad isn’t wrong about V.S. Naipaul (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Artists’ group supports Karnad against Naipaul (vancouverdesi.com)
- Why is Naipaul Being Honoured?: Girish Karnad (kafila.org)
Filed under: Denunciation | Tagged: A Wounded Civilization, Acting Institute, Acting Institute in Mumbai, Acting Trainer, Ambedkar, Anju Mallige, Aurangzeb, B. R. Ambedkar, Babur, Bharat Ratna, Bharat Ratna Bhim Rao Ambedkar, Denunciation, Diction Trainer, Dr Ambedkar, Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar, Ghazni, Ghori, Girish Karnad, Hindi Teacher, India, Kamal Nayan Chaturvedi, Kannada Prabha, Kannadiga, Kashi Vishwanath Temple, Kiran KS, Kiran Kumar, MUMBAI - MAHARASHTRA - INDIA, Naipaul, Nobel Laureate, Nobel Laureate Naipaul, Pratap Simha, Romila Thapar, S. L. Bhyrappa, Sir V. S. Naipaul, Sir Vidia, Sir Vidiadhar Surajprasad Naipaul, Taj Mahal, Thoughts On Pakistan, Uzbekistan, V. S. Naipaul, Vidiadhar Surajprasad Naipaul, Vidur, Vidur Chaturvedi, Vidur on Twitter, Vidur's Blog, Vidur's Kreating Charakters, VS Naipaul |