Very few people in India remember Captain Saurabh Kalia or even know about him . It is shame , but it is true . Captain Saurabh Kalia was captured by Pakistani army during Kargil war of 1999 and was mercilessly murdered after brutal and inhuman torture . He was just 22 years old at the time of his death .
I have nothing new to say on Captain Saurabh Kalia’s case . I am re-tweeting some relevant tweets about Captain Kalia’s case from the twitter handle of Andhra Pradesh BJP IT Cell . I hope , for discerning and nationalist people , it will be a gentle and tearful reminder about the martyr . For heartless and emotionless brutes , nothing matters . For Congress , the Indian National Congress , the next election is more important and Captain Kalia can’t assure them victory . So for them he is not that important .
Andhra Pradesh BJP IT Cell , in fact , tweeted the verses of Venki . I was moved while going through the lines .
Lets Hang our head in shame while we read these Verses by Venki about Capt Saurab Kalia’s Sacrifice 1/15
And yet, we have failed to honour you The way your father sought. 13/15
Shame on us – and , Mother India, That you would send your son to war And yet not collect his martyred ashes Or even shed a silent tear. 14/15
It is shameful that we have almost forgotten Captain Saurabh Kalia , a 22-year-old captain of our army and a martyr of 1999 Kargil war .
I have been often asked , why I keep on writing about matters other than actors , acting and acting institute ? My simple answer is that I want my students to know , apart from films , about our great nation , about the history of India and about the struggle of our national heroes . I am unable to think only about the next batch of my acting school or the coming films of my acting students .
I want my acting students to know about Captain Saurabh Kalia , a martyr , who sacrificed his today for our better tomorrow . On behalf of all the students and staff of Vidur’s Kreating Charakters , I pay my homage to the brave son of Bharat Mata .
Alas ! we have almost forgotten him .
MUMBAI – MAHARASHTRA – INDIA
- Kargil martyr case: SC issues notice to centre (vancouverdesi.com)
- Notice to Centre in Kargil martyr case (thehindu.com)
- India taking up Kalia case with Pakistan: Antony – Press Trust of India (ptinews.com)
- Army Chief pledges support to Captain Kalia’s family (thehindu.com)
- Kargil War hero Capt Kalia’s father moves UN (ibnlive.in.com)
- 13 yrs on, will Kargil hero Lt Saurabh Kalia get justice? (ibnlive.in.com)
- SC issues notice to Centre on Capt Kalia’s parents’ plea (ibnlive.in.com)
- Kargil hero’s father demands apology from Pak for torturing his son (ibnlive.in.com)
- We share your agony: Supreme Court to Kargil martyr Saurabh Kalia’s family (ndtv.com)
- Kargil martyr Captain Kalia may have been killed by weather: Pakistan’s Rehman Malik (ndtv.com)
Filed under: Obituary | Tagged: Acting Institute, Acting School, Acting School Vidur's Kreating Charakters, Acting Students, Acting Trainer, Andhra Pradesh, AP BJP IT Cell, Bharat Mata, BJP, Captain Kalia, Captain Saurabh Kalia, Congress, Diction Trainer, Hindi Teacher, History of India, India, Indian National Congress, International Court of Justice, Jihad, Jihadi Crimes, Kalia, Kamal Nayan Chaturvedi, Kargil, Kargil War, Kargil War 1999, Maharashtra, Martyrs of Kargil War, Mother India, Mumbai, MUMBAI - MAHARASHTRA - INDIA, Obituary, Pakistan, Pakistan Army, Pakistani Army, Saurabh Kalia, Students Of Vidur's Kreating Charakters, Venki, Vidur, Vidur Chaturvedi, Vidur on Twitter, Vidur's Blog, Vidur's Kreating Charakters, Vidur's Students |