MUMBAI – MAHARASHTRA – INDIA JANUARY 04 , 2013 11.55 P.M.
Hollywood has long tradition of successful animation films . In India it is the recent phenomenon . ” Roadside Romeo ” [ 2008 ] , ” Arjun – The Warrior Prince ” [ 2009 ] and ” Delhi Safari ” [ 2012 ] are the most successful and well – known animation films of India . But they are new compared to the 100 years old Indian Cinema .
” Roadside Romeo “ was produced by Yash Raj Films & Walt Disney Company . ” Arjun – The Warrior Prince “ was made by UTV & Disney . ” Delhi Safari “ was a film by Nikil Advani .
Though , in India , animation films are latest phenomenon , but it all started in 1974 . ” Ek Anek Aur Ekta ” [ 1974 ] is considered to be the first animation film of India . But the first 3D animation film of India and till date the most talked about animation film is ” Roadside Romeo ” [ 2008 ] .
” Roadside Romeo “ , technically most perfect animation film of India till date , was produced by Yash Raj Films and was written & Directed by Jugal Hansraj . Voice for the lead characters were given by Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor . Saif and Kareena are my old students . Jugal , who was trained by me for Yash Raj Films ” Mohabbatein ” [ 2000 ] , made his directorial debut with this film .
Through ” Roadside Romeo ” , I made my contribution in the world of Indian animation films also . It is so heartening .
List of Indian animated movies
- Ek Anek Aur Ekta (1974)
- Ramayana: The Legend of Prince Rama (1992)
- Pandavas – The Five Warriors (2000) – National Award in the category of Best Feature Film in English 2000 & Second Best Animated Feature Film Award in Vancouver Effects & Animation Festival, 2001.
- Hanuman (2005)
- The legend of Lord Buddha (animated film) (2005)
- Kittu (2006)
- Krishna (2006)
- Inimey Nangathan (2007)
- Return of Hanuman (2007)
- Roadside Romeo (2008)
- Dashavatar (2008)
- Ghatothkach (2008)
- Cheenti Cheenti Bang Bang (2008)
- Jumbo (2008)
- Arjun – The Warrior Prince (2009)
- Bal Ganesh (2009)
- Lav Kush – The Warrior Twins (2010)
- Toonpur Ka Superrhero (2010)
- Ramayana: The Epic (2010)
- Koochie Koochie Hota Hain (2011)
- Alibaba Aur 41 Chor (2011)
- Delhi Safari (2012)
- My home is Green (2011)
List of animated TV series produced in India
- The Adventures of Tenali Raman:The Adventures of Tenali Raman (26 X 11 min) is India’s first animated 2D television series by Toonz Animation India.
- Little Krishna: 13 episodes 3D animated series produced for global audience by BIG Animation (I) Pvt. Ltd. and The Indian Heritage Foundation in both languages Hindi and English. Aired on Nickelodeon on May 2009.
- Chhota Bheem:Super hit series on Pogo ‘Chhota Bheem’ produced by Green Gold(co-production with Turner International). It started as a 13-episode TV series, and based on the popularity it got extended and till date more than 60 episodes were delivered and work is underway on more episodes.
- Krishna Balram: 26 stories, of 22 minutes duration each, follow through the capers of Krishna, Balram and Radha. Once again by Green Gold Animation. This series aired on Cartoon Network.
- Shaktimaan Animated: It is the animated version of the hugely successful Shaktimaan series of the 1990s. The animated series is aired on SONIC.
[ I have taken the above list of animation films and serials from Wikipedia . I express my gratitude . ]
I am happy that my 3 students contributed in the first and most successful 3D animation film of India . I wish and hope that in future more students of my acting class Vidur’s Kreating Charakters should take part in such endeavour .
MUMBAI – MAHARASHTRA – INDIA
- Arjun: The Warrior Prince (2012) (canadiancinephile.com)
- Delhi Safari premiered Monday in Los Angeles (sunsetdaily.wordpress.com)
- If Your Kids Liked “Madagascar”, They’ll LOVE Delhi Safari! (mommyofamonster.com)
- Melbourne International Animation Festival (noentryfeefestivals.com)
- Oscar nominations include Indian animated films (dawn.com)
Filed under: Association With Films | Tagged: Acting Class Vidur's Kreating Charakters, Acting Institute, Acting Trainer, Alibaba Aur 41 Chor, Animation Films of India, Arjun: The Warrior Prince, Association With Films, Bal Ganesh, Bollywood, Cheenti Cheenti Bang Bang, Chhota Bheem, Dashavatar, Delhi Safari, Diction Trainer, Disney, Ek Anek Aur Ekta, Film, First 3D Animation Film of India, First Animation Film of India, Ghatothkach, Hanuman, Hindi Teacher, Hollywood, India, Inimey Nangathan, Jugal Hansraj, Kamal Nayan Chaturvedi, Kareena Kapoor, Koochie Koochie Hota Hain, Krishna, Krishna Balram, Lav Kush, Lav Kush : The Warrior Twins, Maharashtra, Mohabbatein, Mumbai, MUMBAI - MAHARASHTRA - INDIA, Nikhil Advani, Pandavas : The Five warriors, Ramayan : The Legend of Prince Rama, Ramayana : The Epic, Return of Hanuman, Roadside Romeo, Saif Ali Khan, Shaktiman Animated, Students of Acting Class Vidur's Kreating Charakters, Students Of Vidur's Kreating Charakters, The Legend of Lord Buddha, Toonpur Ka Superrhero, UTV, Vidur, Vidur Chaturvedi, Vidur on Twitter, Vidur's Blog, Vidur's Kreating Charakters, Vidur's News, Vidur's Students, Walt Disney, Yash Raj Films |